Tuesday 1 September 2009

For whom does Bert Field Work?

Marty Rathbun receives another letter from Tom Cruise's attorney:

"LAW OFFICES OF
Greenberg Glusker Fields Claman & Machtinger LLP
August 26, 2009
Marty Rathbun

Dear Marty:

I am out of the country on a family vacation, but I did want to respond to your letter.

As I think you know, I represent Tom Cruise, not David Miscavige or the Church of Scientology. My letter to you was soley to protect Tom’s rights, not to deal with whatever issues you may have with Mr. Miscavige or the Church.

So far as Tom is concerned, I will repeat what I said before. It is neither appropriate nor lawful for you to refer to yourself online, in the media or elsewhere as Tom’s auditor. I would like to avoid taking action over this, so please stop.

I am not going to respond to your accusations about David Miscavige. Personally, I have never seen him even hint of the behavior you attribute to him. Our conversations have always been civil and respectful. He does appear to be a strong champion of the Church and its values. But that is not only his job, it is his life.

I know from what Mike Rinder has said that Mr. Miscavige, in effect, saved the Church when he cleaned house in the 80’s.

In any event, whatever your issues may be, I hope you can solve them.

Sincerely,

Bertram Fields"



Link: http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/


More interesting was the accompanying comment from one Jason Beghe:

"I was in the front row at AOLA when TC personally thanked Marty for delivering him his NOTS. I was on turnabout with TC as Martys other PC for over a month. I even coached TC through some meter drills on his OT VI. Am I now in some legal jepordy for having publicly stated this?"

Of course, as every on the lines Scientologist knows, Beghe is an insane liar being paid by Anonymous :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment